(Not Blueberry) Pumpkin Muffins

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Muffins
Oh. Yeah.

After my parking lot massacre of blueberry muffins, I made one more blueberry item. Now, it was time to make sure my muffin mojo wasn't gone.

I have been admiring the Pumpkin Muffins in Dorie Greenspan's book ever since I got it (page 13). Although I know the Tuesdays with Dorie group will eventually get to it (we are making one recipe each week - a project that will take years), I couldn't wait.

Pumpkin Muffins
I misread the instructions and baked it at 350 degrees instead of 400 so the tops aren't as golden brown as they could be. The inside had a nice texture!

Pumpkin Muffins
Walnuts and raisins are mixed into the batter and raw, unsalted sunflower seeds are placed on top before baking. I added some raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas) for an added crunch and well, yum!

Pumpkin Muffins
Combining butter, sugars, canned pumpkin, buttermilk, and cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice makes a yummy muffin! Even though it isn't fall, these are delicious all year round.

P.S. This message is to the TWD who wrote a special message to those with blog readers (duh duh duh - Law & Order theme): Couldn't find your email address, but I wanted to express my sympathies to you. I really, really feel bad for you. However, your post made me pee my pants I laughed so hard. You rock so I know you'll make it! (And what a remarkable use of technology that was!)
Pin It!

13 comments:

NKP said... [Reply to comment]

These look like great muffins for breakie. A little jam, some hot tea. Hubby would love it if I made these.
I have been scrolling down the rest of your page-
a)your wedding cake/cupcake is amazing - I so want to learn how to make nice cupcakes this year.
b) you have a great collection of serveware - I am a dish fanatic.
Wonderful, wonderful.

lubnakarim06 said... [Reply to comment]

Muffins look tempting. Pistas above them making me tempt more.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I've been wanting to make these muffins too! I absolutely love pumpkin anything and these look so good. I'll make these soon!

As always, your pictures are beautiful!

Patricia Scarpin said... [Reply to comment]

These look so good! And healthy!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I've just discovered your site...we have a lot in common! My husband and I (we live in LA) started our blog last March and I recently got a new camera to photograph things for the site (I also got a Canon Rebel and the same flash unit...aren't they great!?) After viewing some of your older posts, I could actually notice the difference in your food photography. Mine has definitely improved with the help of the new flash. Love the photo of these muffins. One of my kids said he'd actually consider trying one if I made them (and he doesn't like pumpkin). Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I actually think you did yourself a favor cooking these beauties at 350 instead of 400. They look perfectly moist and delicious! Great photos too! Rock and Roll.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said... [Reply to comment]

Yum. I love anything and everything pumpkin.

Peabody said... [Reply to comment]

Oh pumpkin. I know it is a fall food but I love it all year round. Those look good.

April said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my gosh those look so good! I adore anything with pumpkin in it, I love pumpkin seeds too.

eatme_delicious said... [Reply to comment]

Wow again! Your muffins rose up beautifully. I've been admiring this recipe in the Dorie book as well... I'm a sucker for pumpkin recipes!

Lori said... [Reply to comment]

Those look good! I love the pepitas on top. I have some in the freezer that really need to be used up!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful! I love TJ's, too. I've had a box of this sitting in my freezer since they first started carrying it. Now I have some inspiration to get me baking! I was thinking of making a savory tart (to take advantage of those heirloom tomatoes Whole Foods is still stocking). Hugs to TJ's for simplifying our baking lives!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Your muffins looks just amazing! I must try this recipe, it looks like something I would like for sure, thanks! :)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin