Mother's Cookies saved by Cornflakes!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mother's Circus Animal cookies

This just in!

Kellogg's buys Mother's Cake & Cookie Co.'s Recipes

From CNNMoney.com (excerpt)

Kellogg Co. said Wednesday [December 4, 2008] it is acquiring the trademarks and recipes of Mother's Cake & Cookie Co., a regional brand with a big presence in the West...

...The company said it plans to reintroduce many of Mother's Cookies most popular cookies. Its brands include iced animal crackers, sandwich cookies and wire cut cookies.

For the full story, see their article here.

Goodbye Mother's Cookies Chocolate Cupcake

I'm happy about getting my fix of Mother's Cookies and sharing them with my niece and nephews, but I'm bummed it appears that the Mother's and Archway workers will not get their jobs back as Kellogg is not buying an assets of the bankrupt company.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Yes, it's sad they had to run the companies into the ground first. I wonder if the cookies will really be the same? (Cute cupcakes, by the way.)

Esi said... [Reply to comment]

I'm happy the cookies are coming back. It's been years since I have had one, but I like knowing that the option is there. It would be even better if all the laid off people got their jobs back too.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

that's such great news! i've been eating this cookies for forever.

Mary Jo said... [Reply to comment]

sort of bittersweet, yippie for the cookies! but so sad for the employees :( my hubby and i savored the mini pack we got with my t-shirt (thanks again) fun to know they'll be around for more generations, maybe even east coasters this time.

Bunny said... [Reply to comment]

I feel like I'm missing out, 've never had these cookies but maybe with the new company they'll be available to the east too!

Jacque said... [Reply to comment]

I've been kind of amazed at the press time Mother's cookies has gotten. It's good to hear they're not gone forever.

Those cupcakes are adorable.

Monica H said... [Reply to comment]

When I was at the grocery store the other day, I noticed that Keebler is now making iced animal cookies. I bought a bag, but they aren't as good :-(

So this is great news!!!

AmyRuth said... [Reply to comment]

thank goodness, my kids grew up eating these. They are so "tiny hand friendly" you know.
AmyRuth

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

THANK GOD! I loved these as a child of the 1980's in SoCal. I was crushed when I heard the news of Mother's was closing this fall.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin