Dorie Greenspan's Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Dorie Greenspan's recipe)
Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Dorie Greenspan's recipe)

I was never the student who skipped ahead to the next assignment, or finished the chapter before it was due. I was usually finishing up on my way to class.

But my love of the Bundt has put me ahead of the Tuesdays with Dorie group. We'll be baking for a few more years to get through all the recipes and I just couldn't wait because I was craving me another Bundt.

Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Dorie Greenspan's recipe) Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Dorie Greenspan's recipe)
A sour cream cake batter is made and 1/2 the "swirl" added. The swirl is sugar, walnuts, bittersweet chocolate, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Dorie says to scoop the rest of the batter in the pan, dig a little trench and then place the rest of the swirl in the opening. Finally, cover it the best you can (it won't cover everything). I wasn't very good at this and might try to save more batter to place it on top of the swirl instead.

Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Dorie Greenspan's recipe)
Just before a simple topping of powdered sugar rounds out this delicious Bundt.

Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Dorie Greenspan's recipe)
Recipe: Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake on page 182 of Dorie book, Baking.
Pin It!

29 comments:

Esi said... [Reply to comment]

I really think you should go into business with the people at Kiss My Bundt. Let me know if you need a contact :) Gorgeous as usual.

Deeba PAB said... [Reply to comment]

FAB!! What a pretty bundt. I love bundt cakes & just made your Apple Spice Cake yeasterday...rocking good! Yest to post it but it was great!!

Pearl said... [Reply to comment]

ohhh my GOSH. did it taste as fantastic as it looked?

Monica H said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds so enticing!

Donna-FFW said... [Reply to comment]

OMG! Would love a slice with coffee right about now. Looks fantastic! Everything that goes into it sounds so delicious!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Gorgeous! The powdered sugar looks like snow sitting on top of the cake. I can't wait to make this one :)

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

There are so many Dorie recipes I want to make too! The bundt looks good.

steph- whisk/spoon said... [Reply to comment]

can i tell you that i'm shocked that no one has picked a bundt yet?!? this looks soooo good!

eatme_delicious said... [Reply to comment]

Yumm your bundt looks so good.

Maria said... [Reply to comment]

Do you think it would be good without the nuts? My hubs is allergic and I do not need to be tempted with a whole cake for myself! It looks so good!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That looks great. I love a nice streusely bundt. I bet that would be great with a mocha glaze too - a real coffee cake.

Finla said... [Reply to comment]

I have her book baking ffrom my home. Well just bought it last week and i can't stope reading them.
This cake looks so yumm yumm moist delicious.

The Food Librarian said... [Reply to comment]

Maria, It is yummy without the raisins or nuts. My co-worker can't eat nuts and seeds so I made her a mini cake sans the nuts and raisins - and she really liked it! - mary

Dewi said... [Reply to comment]

What a beautiful perfectly shape bunt cake.
Cheers,
elra

The Blonde Duck said... [Reply to comment]

I have a hard time believing as an librarian you weren't the most astute student. With the care you put into your culinary creations, I bet you were teacher's pet!

Snooky doodle said... [Reply to comment]

wow what a nice cake! I would be eager to bake this one too :)

Kerstin said... [Reply to comment]

The swirl is gorgeous and I'm sure also delicious! Love the sour cream in it too.

Cute blog!

Audrey said... [Reply to comment]

I checked the rules, and you're only allowed to bake ahead if you send a piece to all of your blogging friends. Just so you know. (Is this really the name of this cake? I hope so!)

Di said... [Reply to comment]

Yum! I love raisins and chocolate together, and nutmeg is one of my favorite spices. Your cake looks gorgeous.

Pamela said... [Reply to comment]

This looks incredible!! I'm tempted to skip ahead, too. And now...I just might!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You certainly are on a bundt kick lately. Bundts are my kind of cakes. Not only are they delicious, but they are easy to make look good.

Sihan said... [Reply to comment]

ooo.. I've tried this recipe too. and it was so good! your photos do justify that fact even more! YUm

Elyse said... [Reply to comment]

This bundt cake looks fabulous. No wonder you're skipping ahead of the TWD group! I actually had my Baking From My Home to Yours open to this bundt cake a couple of days ago, and now, I just have to make it. Yours looks so delicious!

Jacque said... [Reply to comment]

So, now you get an as-yet undetermined week off!

Wow, this looks wonderful, I love the dark edges compared to the chocolate studded interior.

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

Oh that does sound yummy

How To Eat A Cupcake said... [Reply to comment]

The last photo is so clear I feel like I can smell that cake!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I am hungry just looking at the photos! Delicious looking cake!

betty geek said... [Reply to comment]

I am again DROOLING at that perfect bundt cake. It doesn't get better than that!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wow!! Looks fantastic!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin