National Bundt Cake Day - Round Up!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

National Bundt Day was November 15th and sooo many bloggers celebrated this special day! You may have heard...I Like Big Bundts.

Thanks everyone for spreading Bundt love on National Bundt Cake Day!!! It is a thrill to read that my crazy little project inspired you to make a Bundt. I hope everyone continues to make Bundts year-round!

Be sure to click through to these wonderful posts. Some people have fond memories of the Bundt and many others just made one because they thought I was insane. :)

I asked people to send me an email or comment that they made a Bundt. I sincerely apologize if I missed you, and I apologize for the delay in getting this post up!

- mary the food librarian

Here is a round up, in no particular order, of Bundts made for National Bundt Day that the bloggers told me about...

Natalie of Oven Love baked a lovely Cinnamon Walnut Bundt

Wendy of Pink Stripes made a Deep Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake on her way to Fiji. Yes, you can all be jealous.

Liang of De Baking Psychopath made an awesome, from scratch, Nutella Overload Bundt

Nancy of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs made Blackberry Jam Bundt Cake in the cutest of all airplane pans!

Megan of My Baking Adventures made a Chocolate Whiskey Bundt. Boozing it on National Bundt Day!

My blogger friend Damaris of Within the Corners of my Kitchen created her own lovely Sweet Potato Yogurt Bundt Cake

Jessica of Singleton in the Kitchen made a trio of bundts! Yes, three Bundts! This is the Autumn Spice Bundt Cake.

Dorothy of Fuzzykoala's Caketastic Adventures made the Lady Bird Johnson's Famous Lemon Cake. Nothing like getting Presidential on National Bundt Day.

Mary Ann of Meet Me in the Kitchen made a great Buttermilk Bundt (with Butternut Squash) and Spiced Vanilla Icing. Yes, Butternut squash!

Ronnie of Raccoon and Lobster's boyfriend thought my crazy idea should be replicated for his eating enjoyment and they compromised to 7 days of Bundts. All are delicious. You must checked them out...here is my favorite, the Meyer Lemon Bundt in a killer Bundt pan!

LilSis of Big Sis Little Sis baked up an Eggnog Spice Bundt! Delicious drink, delicious Bundt.

Ex-pat Californian girl in Connecticut Jess of Cook Book Habit made Cathy's Marbled Spice Cake

Kim of Montcarte made the Pumpkin Apple Bundt... she's from Canada so that makes this an international round up!!

Jamie of My Baking Addiction Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bundt. So pretty!

Mr. P of Delicious Delicious Delicious made a Honey Nut Bundt. Another spectacular international Bundt!

Lisa of Spatulas at Dawn made a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt from Cake Keeper Cakes for another international Bundt!


Em, the Repressed Pastry Chef made an Orange Cardamom Bundt Cake. Click for the pretty pictures!

Jennie of spontaneous truth baked the Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake in celebration of National Bundt Day!!

Elkit in Wonderland says "The Food Librarian made me do it" and made a Cream Cheese Pound cake with Lime Glaze.

Librarians and staff made the Persimmon Bundt Cake as a group project! Now that's a staff meeting I can get behind! Looks great Dennis, Irma, G, Sybil, and Nancy of Book Patrol!!

Karen of Shortbread made a fantastic Hazelnut Espresso Coffeecake. Don't you just want a slice?!

Monica of Look the Bowl Good has some Lovely Lady Bundts and made the Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake

Margot of Effort to Deliciousness made this "Bundtilicious" Cook’s Illustrated Lemon Bundt Cake

Beth of 990 Square made this perfect seasonal Cranberry All Spice Bundt

Mrs. G of The Givens Chronicles made this pretty, pretty Brown Sugar Rum Bundt Cake

Alexis of My Life As I See It created this Chocolate Coffee Bundt cake with Peppermint Mocha icing. Oh, peppermint...my favorite!!!

Erin of The Sweet Life made this Double Pumpkin Bundt with her leftover Pumpkin Pie Dip!! How creative!

Fellow librarian Wok Through the Fire made this Chocolate Cinnamon with Mocha Icing Bundt topped with chocolate chips! Awesome!

Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater made this cute as can be Lemon Bundt Cake

Caroline of Bake with Us made this delicious Pumpkin Apple Bundt. One of my favorite recipes!

Blogger and Mad Men friend Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet made this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt from her favorite cookbook ever, Baked.

Sandhya of Sandhya's Kitchen baked this Low Fat Chocolate Marble Cake from Alice Medrich's Chocolate and The Art of Low Fat Desserts

Lindsey of Yummy Things made this Marbled Pumpkin Chocolate Bundt Cake with her own fresh roasted pumpkin. Yum!

Ruhama, a fellow librarian, of Librariane made this absolutely delicious looking The Best Lemon Bundt Cake!

Mrsblocko of Tomatoes for Apples used up her Halloween candy by making this Vanilla Bundt Cake with Halloween Candy Bits

April of Short + Rose made two Bundts! Such an overachiever! :) hee hee. Here is the Cardamon Vanilla Bundt.

Beth of Exploring with Beth created a Quadruple Ginger Pear Bundt...that then turns into a lovely Bread Pudding! Both look delicious!

Karna who lives north of San Francisco used her grandma's Bundt pan to make the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bundt with her family. Karna doesn't have a blog, but baked along with me celebrating the Bundt! Awesome!


Maryanna of Taste & See made a Tiramisu Bundt Cake. Tiramisu in a Bundt...too cool!

Barbara, a fellow baking librarian made a Coconut Bundt. Barbara doesn't have a blog, but sure makes a mean Bundt!

And finally, Katrina of Baking and Boys! celebrated her BIRTHDAY as well as National Bundt Day with a Banana Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bundt!


Again, thanks everyone for baking along with me during the I Like Big Bundts challenge as well as on National Bundt Day...only a little over 300 more days until the next one! :)

I can't wait to try some of your recipes! - mary the food librarian
Pin It!

19 comments:

Audrie said... [Reply to comment]

Look at all the pretty bundts! You've definitely made me love bundts a whole lot more... now when I bake I usually reach for the bundt pan :) I want to make that Nutella bundt!

Beth said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for doing the bundt roundup! It made me smile to see all those beautiful bundts this morning!

Katrina said... [Reply to comment]

What a great round up. Look at all those bundts, not only to celebrate National Bundt Cake Day or even to celebrate MY birthday, but because they are fans of yours! Woohoo. You rock.
I feel I'm gonna have a bundt for my birthday every year now and Hmm??? where can I find a good recipe??? ;) Thanks, Mary!

CaSaundraLeigh said... [Reply to comment]

You did an amazing job on all of these bundts! I had such a fun time trying to guess what flavors you would make next--thanks so much for sharing your bundt journey :-)

Megan said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for the awesome round up, Mary! Each of the bundts look so good, I'm not sure where to start - perhaps I'll close my eyes and just point at one - think it'll work? :)

natalie said... [Reply to comment]

wow i m lost for words looking at all these delicious bundts :)

Nancy/n.o.e said... [Reply to comment]

I can't believe you're already talking about next year!! Love the roundup - so many beautiful bundts. Thanks for including me.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

What a cool roundup - thanks for inspiring all of us, Mary. Now I feel like...making another bundt. And I can't wait until NBD 2010!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Excellent round-up! It looks like you inspired a Big Bundt frenzy in November! Way to go! What's next??

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

btw, I'm putting a ton of bundt pans up on ebay. Don't take it personally. HA!

Monica H said... [Reply to comment]

wow, what an awesome round up. so many yummy looking bundts!

librariane said... [Reply to comment]

Oh man, there are some really neat pans and recipes here! Thanks for doing a round up.

Mrsblocko said... [Reply to comment]

I'm in the process of checking out ALL these great bundts. Thanks for posting all of them in one spot!!!

Mr. P said... [Reply to comment]

You have created global bundt love! I love it!

Ahem. Nutella Overload wins hands down. I don't even like Nutella that much. But I love the idea of an overload!

Stephanie said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! So many beautiful bundts! You really were inspiring.

Coco Cake Land said... [Reply to comment]

OMG. you are hilarious with the "i like big bundts"...

and holy smokes, my birthday ALSO fell on National Bundt Day!! i wish i knew, i would've made a bundt to celebrate... !!

:) lyndsay

Bundtalicious said... [Reply to comment]

Loving it big styley :-) Thank you so much for sharing this - do you mind if I link to it on my bundt blog? The great British public need to share the bundt love!

miss bee said... [Reply to comment]

i'm not a big baker, but lord i love bundts!

so sad i missed the national holiday, but your countdown is most excellent!

will be using at least one of your recommended bundt recipes this holiday season!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I have Janice to thank for leading me to your site. Now I know why I wanted more than ever to bake a bundt cake last Monday!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin