Tarte Fine - Tuesdays with Dorie

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tarte Fine - Tuesdays with Dorie
For this week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection, Leslie of Lethally Delicious decided on Tarte Fine on page 315 of Dorie's book, Baking: From My Home to Yours.

Tarte Fine - Tuesdays with Dorie
I called a couple Trader Joe's and found that their frozen all-butter puff pastry was back in the freezer. And since Los Angeles is going through the biggest heatwave (today was 113 degrees - hottest since we kept track of these things!), I hung out in the open freezer aisle of Trader Joe's!

I only made part of the recipe...a little rectangle of butter and apples. The apples from Ha's Farm are sliced thin and layered on the puff pastry. I was supposed to role out the puff pastry a bit but it was 4:30 am and I forgot about this part. Again, heat wave = bake before the sun comes up!

Tarte Fine - Tuesdays with Dorie
A quick brush of apricot jam finishes off this super easy treat.

Don't you just love Dorie Greenspan? Did you know she has a new cookbook? Around my French Table is absolutely beautiful! And I'm giving away a copy to someone. See this post to enter (deadline is Thursday). Good luck and I hope you join in on the fun with French Fridays with Dorie! :)

Be sure to check out the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers!

Recipe:
Leslie's blog: Lethally Delicious
Dorie's book, Baking: From My Home to Yours (page 315)
Pin It!

22 comments:

Lisa said... [Reply to comment]

Your tarte looks excellent. I know what you mean about the heat since I was in LA myself. Hopefully cooler days are up ahead.

Eliana said... [Reply to comment]

It looks glorious Mary :)

Mary said... [Reply to comment]

stay cool in the heat....love the tart pictures.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Your apple tart came out beautifully.
Wow, I am amazed that it is still so hot in L.A.. We are enjoying warm and sunny fall temperatures here in Colorado. Just the perfect weather.

SweetThingsTO said... [Reply to comment]

Looks wonderfully yummy!

The Path Traveled said... [Reply to comment]

That looks wonderful! What are the full name of the pastry? I have never seen them here in the South! We dont have trader joes, wish we did! Weather here is already in the middle 50's and fall is in the air so That tart would fit right in for breakfast for me. Thank you for sharing!

Di said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, 113? That's crazy, especially in September. We had a really hot August, but not that bad, and it's finally cooling off a bit here. Early morning baking definitely sounds like the way to go--apple tarte for breakfast! =) Your rectangular tarte is lovely.

Azusa said... [Reply to comment]

Looks delicious! I applaud you for baking in this heat. It was 98 at 9:30 in the morning yesterday...

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

I was so excited when I found out that TJ had puff pastry again I went a little overboard and bought 6 boxes :) This looks great and perfect for the season.

Jeannette said... [Reply to comment]

your tart looks so sleek!

i can't believe it was 113 degrees!! sheesh! and i thought our constant 98 degree weather was horrible! hopefully it'll cool down a bit for ya!

Jodie said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so bummed- I was at TJ's yesterday and totally forgot to get the pastry. Have to go back...

Leslie said... [Reply to comment]

I almost squealed with delight when I saw puff pastry at my TJ's. I am in awe of you for turning on the oven in that kind of heat! It was 95 here yesterday...better a late summer than no summer I guess. I love the shape of your tart (and the rectangle means everyone gets some edge). Thanks for baking with me this week!

DailyChef said... [Reply to comment]

The tarte looks amazing!

Linda said... [Reply to comment]

Such a pretty tart! Looking at your pictures, it almost makes me want to turn on my oven.

perhaps later this week, if the heatwave breaks.

Stay cool Mary!

Cindy said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful tart! We are in the 90's in Utah, but it is better than snow. I wish we had Trader Joes here. I always make a Trader Joe stop when we visit our kids in WA.

Mary Jo said... [Reply to comment]

thanks for the TJ tip! i'll be stocking up! looks very yummy, you are commited in this crazy heat :)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

love the slim tart! it looks so elegant :)

Esi said... [Reply to comment]

I don't think it's possible for you to make anything that looks less than decadent and appetizing. Seriously..you need to go into your own business.

Nutmeg Nanny said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful and delicious!

Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Love the tart! It's such a Fall thing to make!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

So simple and beautiful - I can't believe you baked in that heat!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin