Libby's Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt - Day #12 of I Like Big Bundts

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts
Libby's Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt

Pumpkin is awesome!
Give me a P-U-M-P... Yay, I'm not a cheerleader and you get the idea. :)

Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts
It's Day #12 of I Like Big Bundts 2. The Food Librarian's 30 days of Bundts. I was crazy enough to do this last year, and I'm back again for more of my favorite dessert on the planet: the lovely Bundt cake. November 15th is National Bundt Day (and Katrina's of Baking and Boys' birthday!!). I do hope you bake along with me that day!

Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts
I love me the pumpkin. Since it is 80-something degrees today in Los Angeles, we need to get our "fall" via food. Pumpkin, persimmons (I'm talking to you @waffles and KClibrarygang!), and Trader Joe's Spiced Apple Cider. I read tweets about snow falling and flights delayed because of the weather, and we are going through our usual Santa Ana winds (fierce winds that take heat from dessert and blow 'em into Southern California. Watch out for fires. Allergies or asthma? Stay indoors. And your skin? Buy lotion at Costco and bathe in it).

Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts
Scoop half the batter into the prepared 12-cup Bundt pan and then spread the streusel (cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and butter) on top. The topping isn't supposed to touch the walls of the Bundt pan, but I was tired and missed a few. Then the rest of the batter is placed on top.

Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts
I just got back from the Internet Librarian conference in Monterey, CA last night. Luckily, I was on the earlier flight and got back at a decent hour. My colleagues' 9 pm flight was delayed until 11:30 pm. Eeck. I came home, took the new doggie out for a walk (she is soooo much better from her illness - she is like a whole new excited doggie) and baked up this Bundt! It is really moist and I topped it with a powdered sugar and orange juice glaze.

Sour Cream Pumpking Bundt - I Like Big Bundts
My topping headed to the bottom of the pan (which becomes the top). Look at Libby's photo to see how it should be done! Maybe next time...

See you back here tomorrow for another Bundt! Whoo hoo! - mary the food librarian

Recipe:
Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt
Adapted from Libby's website

Streusel:
Cut butter into the sugar and spices until crumbly.

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons butter

Cake:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I use Penzy's cinnamon)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
4 large eggs, room temp
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
8 oz or 1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prep 12-cup Bundt pan (I use Pam with Flour spray).
2. Make streusel and set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
4. Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes with the paddle attachment).
5. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl.
6. Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla.
7. With mixer on low, add in flour mixture until just combined.
8. Spoon half batter into pan.
9. Top with streusel mixture. Don't let streusel hit the sides of the pan.
10. Top with the rest of the batter.
11. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes (depending on your oven) until toothpick or skewer comes out clean. Mine took 55 minutes.
12. Cool for 30 minutes in pan, then depan and cool completely.
13. Top with glaze of powdered sugar and orange juice (can also use milk or cream).
Pin It!

12 comments:

Eliana said... [Reply to comment]

If you ask me, your's looks better than Libby's :)

Snooky doodle said... [Reply to comment]

oh this looks spectacular and delicious

DailyChef said... [Reply to comment]

Yum! Keep the bundts coming!

vanillasugarblog said... [Reply to comment]

yeah now that you put sour cream in there it's really awesome. I like big bundts!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said... [Reply to comment]

Libby's is awesome. i just used their pumpkin pie mix to make some pumpkin pie popsicles. it's been seriously warm up here. where is Fall?

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Yours looks great - who cares if the streusel moves? I love all your bundt recipes - I got a pan for Christmas and haven't used it yet, but I'm breaking it out this weekend!

Sandra Dee said... [Reply to comment]

OMG. This just leapfrogged over my original Bundt for the MIL (since she wanted me to bring something for dessert that she could also use as leftovers for the breakfast table).

Pumpkin + Bundt + Streusel = awesome!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I'm loving the look of the swirl, no matter where it ended up! You can't beat pumpkin bundt.

Katrina said... [Reply to comment]

Ahh, thanks for the early birthday shout out! You amaze me.

Nutmeg Nanny said... [Reply to comment]

Streusel and pumpkin! I'm all over this bundt!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

I made this yesterday--super moist and delicious! Definitely going in the 'to bake again' pile. : )

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self said... [Reply to comment]

Two things:

1. I am very excited to make this! Looks wonderful, as do your other bundt creations!

2. My husband actually presented at the Internet Librarian conference! He presented on the first day, under the mobile track, in a presentation called "Designing a Mobile Experience."

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin