Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze - Day #3 of I Like Big Bundts 2

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze - I Like Big Bundts 2010
Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze

It's Day #3 of I Like Big Bundts 2! I'm writing this Monday night and I'm tired. Long weekend. So, I'll just give you the facts.

Peanut Butter. Chocolate. Bundt. Candy. Together.

Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze - I Like Big Bundts 2010
This is from the cookbook, Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman (page 130). I've made the Orange-Ricotta Pound Cake Bundt earlier this year and it is a winner.

I Like Big Bundts
Do you like Big Bundts too? My friend JustJenn is selling a line of Bundt related items! Everything but the pan! You can buy cards and pins. Check it out here.

Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze - I Like Big Bundts 2010
I was unable to taste this cake (long story) but someone said it was good. Give it a try and let me know!

Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze - I Like Big Bundts 2010
Chopped Butterfinger tops this cake. Bart Simpson would like it.

Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze
Adapted from: Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman (page 130)

1 c sour cream
3 large eggs
2 t vanilla
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened
1 c smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 c light brown sugar

1. Preheat over to 350. Prep a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Whisk sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in measuring cup.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder & soda, and salt in a bowl.
4. Using the paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy (3-4 minutes). Scape down the sides.
5. With mixer on low, alternate 1/3 dry ingredients with the 1/2 sour cream mix; beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Scape down the sides of the bowl. Turn mixer onto medium-high and beat for 1 minute.
6. Put into Bundt. Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes then invert onto cookie sheet until completely cool.

The book has a Glaze recipe of 8 oz semi or bittersweet chocolate, 2 T butter, 3/4 c heavy cream. However, I still had ganache leftover from Day #2's Bundt so I melted that down and poured it over this cake!

One chopped Butterfinger bar is sprinkled over the glaze/ganache. Let cake set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Pin It!

18 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

i think this might be my favorite bundt cake idea ever. way to go! sorry you didn't get to taste it :(

Lisa said... [Reply to comment]

I love Butterfinger candy bars and think it's great that you incorporated them into one of your bundts.

louise said... [Reply to comment]

wow i love the idea of the cake - peanut butter and chocolate. Divine!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I just LOVE at "I like big bundts" ha ha ha

DailyChef said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, looks incredible! I like your big bundts ;)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Butterfingers and bundt cake? I never thought of this before today, but suddenly it's all I want!

JelliDonut said... [Reply to comment]

Bookmark!

Meister @ Eat This Neighborhood said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my word -- my squeeze the peanut-butter addict would flip for this. Nobody better lay a finger on his Bundtterfinger!

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

Enjoyed the visual treat last time and am loving it this time too.

steph- whisk/spoon said... [Reply to comment]

heck yeah! that's a good lookin' bundt, and i do love butterfinger!

Eliana said... [Reply to comment]

No more details needed. This looks incredible Mary.

Katrina said... [Reply to comment]

Mary, Mary, Mary, so I'm like TOTALLY behind in my reader and forgot all about Big Bundt's Month and how could I when we all know National Bundt Cake Day is none other than my birthday. Yeah for this month! Can't wait to see all you bring us to the table! ;)
This one looks divine! I'll remember to be back daily now until the big day!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE this! All of my favorite flavors rolled into one. Wonderful!

Nutmeg Nanny said... [Reply to comment]

Ok just the title of this cake sounds amazing! If I ever get a bundt pan I'm totally trying this!

vanillasugarblog said... [Reply to comment]

that orange-like color in the photo is so pretty. i think this one would be my favorite...well, so far.
you know what i wanted to tell you? i have on my list of 'to create' an almond joy like bundt cake with a center filling of coconut. doesn't that sound good?

The Food Librarian said... [Reply to comment]

vanillasugar, Your bundt sounds good except the coconut! ha ha ha. Coconut isn't my favorite, but I'm sure people will kill for that bundt. Sounds great! - mary

Tavia said... [Reply to comment]

I made this bundt yesterday...everyone that tried it liked it but didn't love it. The ganache and Butterfinger was the best part!

eatme_delicious said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my the next cake that I make is definitely going to be this one!! I've never made a peanut butter cake before and I'm sure it would be amazing.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin