The Food Librarian's Bundt Pan Collection

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Food Librarian's Bundt Pan Collection

This is a quick "bonus" I Like Big Bundts 2010 post. A few readers have asked how many Bundt pans I own, so I thought we'd do a little fashion show.

First of all, I don't have enough pans to get myself on Hoarders on A&E. They all fit in a Target plastic bin.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
Classic Nordic Ware Bundt. This one is my favorite. Non-stick (but always use Pam with Flour) and classic curvy curves. 12-cup capacity, also called 10-inch Bundt. If you need one pan, this one is it!

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection 
Heritage Pan from Williams Sonoma. This is a 10-cup capacity Bundt pan sold online or in the Williams Sonoma store. You can also get it from Amazon. It is my second favorite pan.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection 
12 mini-bundt Nordic Ware pan. This one is cute but they don't have holes in the middle. Sorta like an upside down muffin. You can top it with a dollop of frosting too. I've seen this for sale at TJ Maxx for $20.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection 
Chrysanthemum Nordic Ware Bundt Pan. This is pretty and works best with light colored batters.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
6 Mini-Bundt pan with holes in the center. Amazon sells this commercial grade one, but I have seen my non-stick one at many stores. It is perfect for giving out individual cute portions of Bundt cakes. I use this one a lot!

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
6-cup Nordic Ware Pan. This is perfect for 1/2 recipes.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
Bavarian Nordic Ware Pan. This is a 10-cup capacity pan. Very pretty...but be sure to Pam with Flour spray the heck out of all these curves!

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
Multi Mini Nordic Ware Pan. This is the one my cousin picked up at the Williams Sonoma outlet. Cute little minis.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
Nordic Ware Rose Bundt pan. This one works best with light color batters, like the other flower one.

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
Fiesta or Festival Party Nordic Ware Pan. I like this one a lot...during the holidays, these look like little trees. Well, I guess they look like regular trees all the time, but they take on special prettiness during the holidays!

Food Librarian's Bundt Collection
Wow. When you look at it this way, perhaps A&E will drop in on me.

P.S. Nordic Ware is my favorite brand. I don't like the Wilton pans because the curves aren't very curvy. And, FYI, I don't work for Nordic Ware or anyone like that! I've been buying Bundt pans since my college days (started with the 6 mini-bundt pan from Crate & Barrel). Most others were picked up more recently though. Just wanted to let you know what I have in my collection. You only need one pan to be a Bundt baker though; I hope you pull that out for National Bundt Day tomorrow!
Pin It!

20 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I own the classic Nordic Ware one, too. Like and use it a lot.

Mary said... [Reply to comment]

You need fashion show music in the background...great post.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

That is an impressive collection! Thanks for the links - I want to get the 6-cup bundt for half recipes, adding it to my Christmas list now :)

Di said... [Reply to comment]

I love seeing all your pans! The Heritage one is on my wishlist. Maybe Santa will see that. I also really want one of the (6) mini bundt ones. I hear there's a WS outlet down in San Marcos, as well as a Crate & Barrel outlet. One of these days I'll have to go check them out. Might be way too dangerous, though.

Di said... [Reply to comment]

I love seeing your whole collection! I have the Heritage one on my wishlist; maybe Santa will see that. I'd like a mini/6 one, too. =)

Treehouse Chef said... [Reply to comment]

I have a large collection of bundt pans too! love them all! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful recipes.

Trevor Sis Boom said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you will be stopping by Sis. Boom. tomorrow to see the special post in your honor we are planning for your special day. You are one special lady!
Trevor Sis. Boom.

Amy said... [Reply to comment]

I equally love bundt pans (just did a quick count in the closet and had 12 different Nordicware styles) and am in awe of you baking 30 in 30 days. Here's my main dilemma - I do use the baking spray with flower and the cake comes out clean, but the pans are still a pain to clean out all the grooves. Any tricks you've discovered to washing the bundt pans??

Divya Kudua said... [Reply to comment]

Love it..I've got the classic 12 cup and the 6 cup Bundt and then 2 Silicone Bundts..Yay!! I've posted my Bundt for the national Bundt day.Will send you the link in a while!

The Food Librarian said... [Reply to comment]

Dear Amy (#8), I agree that the flower pan is a pain to clean as well. Here is what I do: Spray the heck out of it with Pam with Flour before baking. As soon as I invert the pan (it is usually still warm), I soak it in hot soapy water. Then I use a little soft brush to clean it. It isn't always perfect, but I do my best. I think this is one of the reasons I don't use this pan very much! 12 Bundt pans?! Awesome. Hope you post one tomorrow for National Bundt Day! :) - mary the food librarian

suma said... [Reply to comment]

I envy you for having all these:-)) Just got my new bundt pan, just missed baking one , would have loved to post a bundt cake on my blog..

Che-Cheh said... [Reply to comment]

Wow what a collection!
We don't have such brand as Nordic Ware, Wilton, etc here in Malaysia. Would love to get one of these.

I have 2 bundts pan. One is the regular bundt pan and the other is a Tupperware silicone bundt pan. I love the silicone one a lot because taking out the cake is very easy. Hehe

Rachelino said... [Reply to comment]

What a collection! I cannot believe all those gorgeous pans. I have a Fleur de Lys bundt pan, but covet the Heritage and the Bavarian pans. Is it weird to covet a bundt pan? I love your project, and your reference to Sir Mix-A-Lot, natch.

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

I've been wondering about your collection, so thanks for the fashion show! Think I have the most bundt-envy for the 6 cup one since I'm always halving recipes.

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

Ooh.. now that is a wonderful collection.. Am green with envy

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I just fell upon you today. From my bit of reading, you have brought out random thoughts. You can get lost on the alleys of the internet for weeks reading the food bloggers. I love the mini-bundt pan for bake sales. A mini-bundt is a dessert for two. You have inspired me to get mine out and use them. I think for Easter, I will purchase a different one for each of my daughters and fill with a recipe and baking incredients as an Easter basket. Also,the same idea would also be an excellent shower gift or any occasion.
Jean

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Great collection, but it looks like you're missing the Cathedral pan! It's my favorite, and such a stunner with light batters. Thanks for doing big bundts again!

baby516 said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Mary,

I was looking at your bundt pan collection and love your picks! Since you own both, I'd like your opinion of the Heritage pan and the Rose pan and the pros and cons of each. Since the Heritage pan has so many ridges, does it affect the overall texture and moistness of the cake when compared to the original pan?

Most of the bundt cakes that I make are lighter colored batter and I do own the original pan as well.

I noticed some of your bundt pans are the goldtouch ones from Williams Sonoma and some are from the Platinum collection. Is there a difference between the gold touch ones and the Platinum collection (i.e. worth the extra dollars to buy the gold touch from WS vs the platinum one from Amazon)?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I figure I should consult with the Bundt expert. =) Thanks for your help!

Diane

The Food Librarian said... [Reply to comment]

@baby516 #18 - Diane, I like the Heritage Pan best because I like the curves and find it a "sexier" pan. Pros: Curves, People are impressed with the design. Cons: Yes, the edges can get a little crisp. Don't overfill the Heritage. It is a 10-cup pan, not 12-cup capacity like the traditional bundt. I make my favorite chocolate cinnamon bundt in the Heritage pan all the time. It doesn't bake as long as some pound cake recipes.

The Rose Pan needs lots of Pam with Flour spray (or a lot of butter/flour brushed into the grooves). It's also more feminine so it's good for a tea, but I wouldn't bring it to a 5th grade boy party (yes, stereotypes, but it is a Rose)

I don't know about the WS Gold ones...I would opt for the heavier bundt pan, but usually all the Platinum ones from Nordic Ware are good. Hope this helps! - mary

connie said... [Reply to comment]

Impressive collection of Bundt pans! I inherited a Nordic Ware classic bundt from my husband's grandmother--great pan :-) I agree, if you only have room for one of these pans, that is the one to have. I love the look of the baby bundt pan--will look for it next time I'm at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin