Texas Sheet Cake or The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake (Pioneer Woman)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Texas Sheet Cake
Texas Sheet Cake or Pioneer Woman's The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever.

If you are a blogger, do you have orphan posts? Electronic files of photos in your Flickr account with no home? Half finished posts because you may not remember what recipe you even used? Not saying that has happened to me or anything :) ... but here is something I made back in July. Seems like forever ago. I do remember that my co-worker, Kathy loved this cake. So there. That's all you need to know. And Pioneer Woman herself calls it "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever."

Texas Sheet Cake collage
This recipe is ridiculously simple. Boil a bit of stuff and pour it into a half-sheet pan. Bake for only 20 minutes and then top with a heated frosting. Seriously easy. I skipped the pecans.

Texas Sheet Cake
The result? A cakey, moist chocolate cake, not as dense as a brownie, with a simple cocoa frosting. Delicious.

Recipe:
Pioneer Woman's The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Sara said... [Reply to comment]

My grandma always used to make this dessert so it is super nostalgic for me! I love the crackly icing over the soft cake, so yummy!

samantha ramage said... [Reply to comment]

yum it looks too good! must bake it asap!

xo
sami

Esi said... [Reply to comment]

I wish my oven was big enough to bake a cake like this. I want!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said... [Reply to comment]

Oh I've seen this recipe before but haven't made it yet, looks so delicious!! :)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

That looks so good! One of my favorite desserts ever - my Texan grandmother used to make it. I discovered PW that way - looking for a comparable recipe online a few years ago. It is excellent!

Nichicakes said... [Reply to comment]

This is the second time I've seen a Texas Sheet Cake this week and I do believe that is a sign I should make it. It looks delicious!

Shannon Riley said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my gosh, YUM! :D

Corriendo said... [Reply to comment]

I recently made this, and it is SO good with pecans and peanuts on top. Mmmm. I have to do a food post on this soon.

Caroline said... [Reply to comment]

Two months is nothing, I have orphans posts from two years ago :/ Been wanting to make this, now it's back up in the list.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin