Cake Simple by Christie Matheson & The Fuyu Persimmon Bundt

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cake Simple by Christie Matheson
Cake Simple by Christie Matheson
All Bundts. All the Time. Awesomeness.

OMG!
The Food Librarian is in a book! A real, hardcover cookbook! Wow!

My Fuyu Persimmon Bundt recipe appears on page 82-83 in the new cookbook "Cake Simple" by Christie Matheson. Published by Chronicle Books, this all bundt cookbook features amazing photos by Alex Farnum. Christie is the co-author of Joanne Chang's Flour cookbook - one of my favorites!

Over a year ago, I received an email from Christie Matheson saying she was writing a book about Bundts! I was so excited - a book about my favorite cake. Then she asked if I wanted to share some of my favorite bundt recipes. I sent her a few and low and behold, it made it into the book! This is my favorite Sunset Magazine recipe and celebrates all my obsessions: Bundts, Fuyu Persimmons (from my dad's backyard) and California fall (you know, our leaves don't change so we need food to tell us it's fall).

My Fuyu Persimmon Bundt in "Cake Simple" by Christie Matheson

Here is the headnote Christie wrote and the ingredients on page 82. Directions are on page 83.

And this book comes out just in time for my 3rd "I Like Big Bundts" celebration for National Bundt Day on November 15th. I hope you pick up a copy of this book so you'll have lots of recipes to choose from. Christie has some wonderful bundts in this book including Cornmeal Lime with Chile, Orange Pecan, Lemon Basil and your classic Chocolate bundts. I can't wait to try them! Thanks so much Christie for including me in your lovely cookbook!

FTC Disclosure: I was not compensated for being in the book or publishing this post. I am just plain, old freaking (jumping up and down on the porch ripping open the Amazon packaging) excited to see my little blog in a book that I might find in a bookstore, the library and on WorldCat! Whoo hoo!

Pin It!

22 comments:

Jami said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations! So exciting!!

Audrey said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations!!
Audrey

Mary said... [Reply to comment]

Hip Hip Hooray.....congrats to you!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats Mary! How cool!

EarthAngel172 said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations!

Mrsblocko said... [Reply to comment]

Super awesome!!!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That is very exciting. Congratulations!!
I have been following your blog for a long time and love your "bundt month". When is the next one? I also enjoy baking a lot and bundts are my favorite. Congratulations again.
Greetings from CO, Kirsten.

Rina said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations - that's AWESOME!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations! You are my "go to" resource for bundts! I enjoy reading your posts too. =)
Nancy O

Gastronomer said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats!!! This recipe sounds delightful and I'm excited to try it when persimmon season rolls around.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

How utterly cool! Congratulations! I am glad you have another vehicle by which to spread the word about the amazing Sunset persimmon cake!

Nikki said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! Congrats, this is so exciting! Make sure you pat yourself on the back as you're jumping up and down.

Erin said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations!! That is definitely awesome to have a book celebrating Bundts, and even more awesome to have your name and blog and recipe in that book!! Way to go!

Di said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! That is so cool! I'll definitely keep my eyes open for the book.

Azusa said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations, Mary! This is so exciting!!! Your big bundts and second to none!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That's so WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations!

I will definitely be looking for this book - looks great.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats! I book about bundts couldn't leave you out. I'd like to try a recipe with persimmons sometime. -Jessica M.

Trevor Sis Boom said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so excited for you Mary! Nobody deserves the kudos and attention more than you! A book by you should be next!

librariane said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! I'll make sure my library gets a copy!

And I've marked Nov 15 on my calendar already!

emiglia said... [Reply to comment]

So exciting! Congrats!

Eliana said... [Reply to comment]

This is amazing Mary! Woooo Hooo. I'm so excited for you that I just ordered the book. Can't wait to bake some bundts along with you.

Saira said... [Reply to comment]

AMAZINGGG ... You totally deserve it ... will you be doing it again this year .. May be we can join you too this year ...!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin