Tomato Soup Bundt - Day #22 of Food Librarian's I Like Big Bundts 3

Monday, November 7, 2011

Tomato Soup Bundt - I Like Big Bundts 2011
Tomato Soup Bundt
I Like Big Bundts - Day #22

It was freeeeeezing in Los Angeles this weekend. Well, for us. It was in the low 50's and raining!! ;) I broke out the space heater, snuggie and booties. And a can of tomato soup. To drink? No.... to bake!

It's Day #22 of I Like Big Bundts... my effort to bring you 30 Bundts in 30 Days! I hope to inspire you to make a Bundt cake for National Bundt Day on November 15th. The Bundt deserves its own day, no? I think so! 

Tomato Soup Bundt - I Like Big Bundts 2011
This recipe appears in Warren Brown's (of Cake Love) book, United Cakes of America. Each state has a cake. The Tomato Soup Cake represents New Jersey as the Campbell's company has been in Camden, NJ for 140+ years. Bea of El Rincon of Bea made it for last year's International Bundt Day (yes, it is totally an international event! :) and I was intrigued. Luckily, my library has this book so I was able to check it out... Warren Brown has lots of other recipes I can't wait to try. And thanks Bea for being the Bundt representative in Spain! She has made a bunch of Bundts on her blog - check it out!

I Like Big Bundts 3 Logo by JustJennDesigns I Like Big Bundts 3
Bake a bundt for National Bundt Day on November 15th! Then submit a photo or blog post by November 24, 2011 and I'll send you a 1 1/4" button for baking along with me! The submission info can be found here!

Tomato Soup Bundt collage
You don't taste the tomato soup, it adds moistness to the cake. You can taste the fall spices of cinnamon and cloves, and has a nice texture with the walnuts.

Tomato Soup Bundt - I Like Big Bundts 2011
We're in the last few days of this marathon... I keep saying, "I can make it!" See you tomorrow for another bundt! - mary the food librarian

Recap of I Like Big Bundts 3:
Day #1: Buttercake Bakery's Marble Bundt Cake
Day #2: Lemon Bliss Bundt
Day #3: Double-Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
Day #4: Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Glaze
Day #5: Gingery Pumpkin Breakfast Bundt
Day #6: Maida Heatter's Budapest Coffee Cake Bundt
Day #7: Dark Chocolate Bundt
Day #8: Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt
Day #9: Apple Spice Bundt
Day #10: Pumpkin Spice Bundt
Day #11: Doll Bundt Cake
Day #12: Light Chocolate Bundt with Coffee Glaze
Day #13: Spiced Cranberry Bundt
Day #14: Brown Sugar Bundt
Day #15: Buried Alive Bundt Cake
Day #16: Leftover Halloween Candy Bundt
Day #17: Lemon Bundt Cake
Day #18: Ultimate Streusel Bundt Cake
Day #19: Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Strawberries
Day #20: Chocolate & Zucchini Bundt
Day #21: Rice Krispies Bundt

Recipe: Click here for printable recipe
Adapted from Warren Brown book, United Cakes of America

Bundt Pan:  Bavarian Nordic Ware Pan

Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

wow, this one looks so moist.

Bea Roque said... [Reply to comment]

Oooohhhh!! Thanks for the mention!! It its delicious, isn't it?.... Go Mary, only one more week!!! Congratulations!! Bea

Mona said... [Reply to comment]

Loved Tomato soup cake when I was a child!! Must try this one : )

Nancy/n.o.e said... [Reply to comment]

You TOTALLY can make it - you're the rock star of bundtage.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin