ApplePearSauce Bundt Cake - Day #25 of Food Librarian's I Like Big Bundts 3

Thursday, November 10, 2011

ApplePearSauce Bundt Cake - I Like Big Bundts 2011
ApplePearSauce Bundt
I Like Big Bundts - Day #25

It's Thursday and I have Friday off because it's Veterans Day! Thank you Veterans for your service!

Today is Day #25 of I Like Big Bundts 3! Woo hoo! We have a fall bundt today - the ApplePearSauce Bundt made with homemade ApplePearSauce.

ApplePearSauce bundt collage
OMG. Why hasn't anyone ever told me how easy homemade applesauce is to make? In less than an hour I can go from apples to delicious applesauce? Shut up! This is fantastic. I used apple and pears and just added a tiny bit of brown sugar. I didn't add cinnamon because I was going to use it in the cake...but added cinnamon to the leftovers! YUM!

ApplePearSauce Bundt Cake - I Like Big Bundts 2011
Have you figured out what you are going to do for National Bundt Day next Tuesday? Last year, fine group of Canadian Information Professionals (Heather, Joanne, Genevieve and Shane) had a Bundt Coffee Break Party! Heck yay...information professional know how to rock Bundt Day! While enjoying four different Bundts, they used the white board to come up with these Bundt-appropriate movie names. I got the list and they're hilarious!

Bundtback Mountain
Fistful of Bundts
Bundt Hard
Bundt Hard with a Vengeance
A Bundt Named Desire
Bundt for Red October
The Deer Bundter
Fear and Bundting in Las Vegas
Good Will Bundting
The Incredibundts
The Bundtfather
Bond classics (Bundt.... James Bundt): Goldenbundt, Thunderbundt, Octobundty...
Grumpy Old Bundts
Dances With Bundts (or Bundts With Wolves)
Mutiny on the Bundty
Bundt Trek : The Undiscovered Country
Beauty and the Bundt
Adventures in BabyBundting
Seven Bundts in Tibet

ApplePearSauce Bundt Cake - I Like Big Bundts 2011
I think my favorite is Bundt Hard! :) I know this little project is crazy and you probably think I'm zany, but my one wish is that you bake something and share it. Nothing like flour, butter and sugar to bring peeps together. I LOVE that my twitter feed has comments like "I bought my Bundt pan today!" or "I'm making a Bundt cake right now!" because I know you are probably not going to eat it by yourself (although you totally can, no judgement here), but that you will probably share this with someone and take time out of our crazy days to enjoy each other's company. Sweet.

ApplePearSauce Bundt collage 2
So, plan a bundt party and celebrate the bundt...and come up with other Bundty puns. I'm always looking for more bundt humor.


I Like Big Bundts 3 Logo by JustJennDesigns I Like Big Bundts 3

Bake a bundt for National Bundt Day on November 15th! Then submit a photo or blog post by November 24, 2011 and I'll send you a 1 1/4" button for baking along with me! The submission info can be found here!

See you tomorrow for...wait for it...yes, another bundt!  - mary the food librarian

Recap of I Like Big Bundts 3:
Day #1: Buttercake Bakery's Marble Bundt Cake
Day #2: Lemon Bliss Bundt
Day #3: Double-Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
Day #4: Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Glaze
Day #5: Gingery Pumpkin Breakfast Bundt
Day #6: Maida Heatter's Budapest Coffee Cake Bundt
Day #7: Dark Chocolate Bundt
Day #8: Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt
Day #9: Apple Spice Bundt
Day #10: Pumpkin Spice Bundt
Day #11: Doll Bundt Cake
Day #12: Light Chocolate Bundt with Coffee Glaze
Day #13: Spiced Cranberry Bundt
Day #14: Brown Sugar Bundt
Day #15: Buried Alive Bundt Cake
Day #16: Leftover Halloween Candy Bundt
Day #17: Lemon Bundt Cake
Day #18: Ultimate Streusel Bundt Cake
Day #19: Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Strawberries
Day #20: Chocolate & Zucchini Bundt
Day #21: Rice Krispies Bundt
Day #22: Tomato Soup Bundt
Day #23: Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt
Day #24: Broken Glass Jello Bundt

Recipe: Click here for printable recipe
Inspired by Martha Stewart's Applesauce Cake

Bundt Pan: Traditional 12-cup Bundt Pan
Pin It!

5 comments:

Mrsblocko said... [Reply to comment]

They forgot my favorite movie...The Princess Bundt!

Shannon said... [Reply to comment]

Apple sauce is easy, apple butter just cooks longer and adds spices. Good stuff!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Mary

What type of apples and pears did you use to make the applesauce.

Sue/the view from great island said... [Reply to comment]

I just discovered your blog and I'm still giggling. But I do love bundt cakes, so I will be a regular. I now have to check out all your past posts...

The Food Librarian said... [Reply to comment]

@Anonymous I used granny smith apples and bosc pears...but I think you can use most any type. - mary

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin