Chocolate Crown Bundt Cake - Day #27 of Food Librarian's I Like Big Bundts 3

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Chocolate Crown Bundt Cake - I Like Big Bundts 2011
Chocolate Crown Bundt Cake
I Like Big Bundts - Day #27

We are almost there! National Bundt Day is Tuesday! I hope you are planning to make an awesome bundt to celebrate. I can't wait to do the round-up of Bundts you make!

We're on Day #27 of I Like Big Bundts...my marathon of 30 Bundts in 30 Days. I'm in the last stretch and see the finish line!

Today, it's one of those "back of the package" recipes. This recipe was on the packaging that came with the Nordic Ware 6-cup Bundt pan. I have two 6-cup Bundt pans. I really like my new "Platinum Collection" pan (Amazon) - the curves are sharper and it's heavier than the other one (both made by Nordic Ware)
I Like Big Bundts 3 Logo by JustJennDesigns I Like Big Bundts 3
Bake a bundt for National Bundt Day on November 15th! Then submit a photo or blog post by November 24, 2011 and I'll send you a 1 1/4" button for baking along with me! The submission info can be found here!

Chocolate Crown Bundt Cake - I Like Big Bundts 2011
Chocolate Crown Bundt collage 1
This recipe is very easy to make...it's a vanilla batter with a bit taken out and chocolate syrup added to make a chocolate batter. Although the chocolate batter goes on the bottom of the pan, it ended up on the top of the pan (which, when inverted, is the bottom of the cake).

Chocolate Crown Bundt collage 2
Have a great Saturday! We should have some rain here in Los Angeles...perfect time to make a Bundt! :)

See you tomorrow for another bundt! - mary the food librarian

Recap of I Like Big Bundts 3:
Day #1: Buttercake Bakery's Marble Bundt Cake
Day #2: Lemon Bliss Bundt
Day #3: Double-Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
Day #4: Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Glaze
Day #5: Gingery Pumpkin Breakfast Bundt
Day #6: Maida Heatter's Budapest Coffee Cake Bundt
Day #7: Dark Chocolate Bundt
Day #8: Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt
Day #9: Apple Spice Bundt
Day #10: Pumpkin Spice Bundt
Day #11: Doll Bundt Cake
Day #12: Light Chocolate Bundt with Coffee Glaze
Day #13: Spiced Cranberry Bundt
Day #14: Brown Sugar Bundt
Day #15: Buried Alive Bundt Cake
Day #16: Leftover Halloween Candy Bundt
Day #17: Lemon Bundt Cake
Day #18: Ultimate Streusel Bundt Cake
Day #19: Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Strawberries
Day #20: Chocolate & Zucchini Bundt
Day #21: Rice Krispies Bundt
Day #22: Tomato Soup Bundt
Day #23: Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt
Day #24: Broken Glass Jello Bundt
Day #25: ApplePearSauce Bundt
Day #26: Vegan Beet Bundt

Recipe: Click here for printable recipe
From the Nordic Ware 6-Cup Bundt Pan package (a "back of the can" recipe!)

Bundt PanSmaller 6-cup Bundt Pan (the traditional bundt pan is 12-cups)
Pin It!

5 comments:

Mary said... [Reply to comment]

Love it. I am selecting my bundt recipe today :).

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said... [Reply to comment]

Mmmmmmm....this looks like an amazing cake! Love the chocolate crown~

Janet Rudolph said... [Reply to comment]

Love it! Beautiful photos.. great recipe!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

At first i thought it was an angel food cake! so moist and soft :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Your bundts look perfect and yummy. Could you give me some advice? Whenever I bake a bundt, it comes out with a line that goes around the middle of the cake. What could be causing that?
Thanks so much!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin