Blackberry Buttermilk Bundt - Day #28 of Food Librarian's I Like Big Bundts 3

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blackberry Buttermilk Bundt - I Like Big Bundts 2011
Blackberry Buttermilk Bundt
I Like Big Bundts - Day #28

We're almost to the day! National Bundt Day! Woo Hoo! We're on Day #28 of I Like Big Bundts 3...bringing you 30 bundts in 30 days.

Today's bundt is a yummy Blackberry Buttermilk Bundt from Bill Yosses' book, The Perfect Finish. This is a really lovely book (wonderful photos) with lots of bookmarked recipes. Check it out here on Amazon or see if your local library has it!
I Like Big Bundts 3 Logo by JustJennDesigns I Like Big Bundts 3
Bake a bundt for National Bundt Day on November 15th! Then submit a photo or blog post by November 24, 2011 and I'll send you a 1 1/4" button for baking along with me! The submission info can be found here!

Blackberry Bundt collage
Bill's recipe calls for a heated glaze to be poured over the bundt. I didn't do that and just made it quick orange juice and powdered sugar glaze. Um, that was my creative decision...yeah, right. It has nothing to do with me not reading the directions completely. Nah... ;)

Blackberry Buttermilk Bundt - I Like Big Bundts 2011
Grab some blackberries and make a bundt! Hope you are baking up your Bundt to celebrate National Bundt Day soon! :) Have a great one today! - mary the food librarian

Recap of I Like Big Bundts 3:
Day #1: Buttercake Bakery's Marble Bundt Cake
Day #2: Lemon Bliss Bundt
Day #3: Double-Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
Day #4: Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Glaze
Day #5: Gingery Pumpkin Breakfast Bundt
Day #6: Maida Heatter's Budapest Coffee Cake Bundt
Day #7: Dark Chocolate Bundt
Day #8: Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt
Day #9: Apple Spice Bundt
Day #10: Pumpkin Spice Bundt
Day #11: Doll Bundt Cake
Day #12: Light Chocolate Bundt with Coffee Glaze
Day #13: Spiced Cranberry Bundt
Day #14: Brown Sugar Bundt
Day #15: Buried Alive Bundt Cake
Day #16: Leftover Halloween Candy Bundt
Day #17: Lemon Bundt Cake
Day #18: Ultimate Streusel Bundt Cake
Day #19: Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Strawberries
Day #20: Chocolate & Zucchini Bundt
Day #21: Rice Krispies Bundt
Day #22: Tomato Soup Bundt
Day #23: Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt
Day #24: Broken Glass Jello Bundt
Day #25: ApplePearSauce Bundt
Day #26: Vegan Beet Bundt
Day #27: Chocolate Crown Bundt

Recipe: Click here for printable recipe
Adapted from The Perfect Finish by Bill Yosses (page 128)

Bundt Pan: Traditional 12-cup Bundt Pan
Bundt PanSmaller 6-cup Bundt Pan (the traditional bundt pan is 12-cups) (I made 1/2 the recipe and used this 6-cup Bundt pan)

Pin It!

10 comments:

Sabina Sala said... [Reply to comment]

Hello, I like a lot your blog and more I can not write because I'm italian. But I can understand and I will try your blackberry bundt.
Have a nice sunday
sabina

kitchen flavours said... [Reply to comment]

This bundt cake is gorgeous! I love Bundt Cakes! Will definitely be joining along for National Bundt Day! You are amazing! Your cakes are all looking so good!

Mrsblocko said... [Reply to comment]

Holy Blackberries Batman! Where on earth did you get such freaky big blackberries? All the blackberries around here are less than half the size.

I bet that oj glaze was awesome with the blackberries too.

Nancy/n.o.e said... [Reply to comment]

I love the look of that cake - blackberries are a favorite! I'm also coveting the 6 cup bundt pan, but so far am resisting because of my overflowing pan collection. I'm working on my National Bundt Day post right now - such a fun season, Bundt Season, thanks to you!!

Yuri - Chef Pandita said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful bundt cake :D

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Mary

Where did you get fresh blackberries this time of year.

The Food Librarian said... [Reply to comment]

Blackberry questions - I picked up blackberries at my local grocery store....think it was Ralphs. They were grown in Mexico or Chile - don't remember but I know they were imported. Probably Mexico... - mary

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I can't believe I haven't found this until today! I absolutely love bundt cakes, and shudder at the thought of letting National Bundt Cake Day pass without me commemorating my favorite cake! I found I Love Big Bundts at about 3 am last night, and have been dreaming of the right cake to submit since. I just took mine out of the oven, and am so excited to post it on the 15th! Thank for you doing this. I'm heading to check every one of your bundt cakes out!

Thanks again,
Miriam

arcticfox said... [Reply to comment]

"Blackberry Buttermilk Bundt" ... Wow.. the name of it alone makes you want a nice big piece!

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe along with the awesome photos!! :0)

April said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my jeep ears this sounds like summer bundt cake heaven!!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin